Pretty Painted Snowflake Rocks
These pretty painted snowflake rocks make great Christmas decor accents for the mantel, outdoors or as napkin weights for your Christmas tablescape.
- Round rocks with a flattish surface approx. 2” diameter
- Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint in Cotton Ball, Turf Green, Deep Turquoise
- Americana Decor Metallics in Silver
- Small acrylic paint brushes in assorted sizes with fine tips for detailed work
- Snowflake Pattern Template
Wash the rocks and let them dry completely before painting.
Protect your work surface with a sheet of newspaper.
Choose a paint color for each snowflake and dip the fine tip paint brush into the paint.
Using the snowflake pattern template as a guide, begin to paint the snowflake directly onto the rock trying to copy the snowflake as best as possible.
Long, steady and continual brush strokes work best when painting the snowflakes.
Use different colors of paints for each stone and mix in some metallic ones as well.