This must be the easiest DIY we’ve ever shared on the blog! If you’re looking to make a simple heart shaped wreath, then this DIY is a great option. Using just a few materials you likely already have at home and a little bit of time, this rustic heart wreath can be hanging on your wall or door in no time flat (and for little cost too!).
Although we just happened to make this heart wreath right before Valentine’s Day, it’s simple design and neutral colours make it perfect for the whole year. We’re not ones to change our home decor too frequently so our DIYs usually have to pass the all-season test. For example, we made this floral burlap wreath for our fall decor, but have it up in the kitchen to this day!
What you need to make your own quick and easy rustic wire heart wreath:
- Decorative Wire, black aluminum, 12 gauge (a nice wire clothes hanger could also work in a pinch!)
- Wire Cutter
- Burlap Ribbon, natural, 1 1/2” wide or strips cut from gardening burlap
In fact, we put this wreath together so quickly that we have very few pictures of the work in progress!
Here are the 5 quick steps:
1. Cut wire to 3 yards (36″) long using wire cutter.
2. Loosely shape wire into a large heart.
3. Begin weaving burlap ribbon onto the wire on one end. Add as much or as little burlap as you like. The more you add the fuller the wreath will look.
4. Twist ends together at center of heart.
5. To hide the joined ends, you can cover with burlap or wrap with twine.
Hang heart wreath on wall or door to enjoy!
And if you’re looking for more simple decor ideas, then join our Craft Habit Social community where we share and inspire creativity with just a few minutes a day for a happier and healthier self!
Do you enjoy decorating for Valentine’s Day?