This simple witch’s broom craft is about as easy as it gets and creates adorable decor for your tiered tray, tablescape or other Halloween decorating!
DIY Miniature Witch Broom Craft
We shared the tutorial for making this mini witch’s broom craft on a recent Facebook Live video which you can find here. It’s comes together really quickly requiring just a few supplies.
This year I was motivated to DIY a bunch of Halloween crafts to decorate my 3-tiered tray. It’s coming together so nicely with a these burlap Halloween characters, faux spell book stack, crackle finish wood block signs and punny potion bottles.
I even made an acorn garland but with black, gray and gold paints!
We’ll have the entire Halloween tiered tray reveal soon. In the meantime, check out the tiered tray decorated for fall!
Materials Needed for this Easy Craft Broom
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you choose to purchase through them, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
- Wood Branch (we used a piece of mulberry branch) about 5” long
- Ribbon (in color of your choice) to tie into bow, ⅛” thick satin (optional)
How to Make an Adorable Witch Broom Craft
Wrap about 5-10 strands of raffia around your hand several times (to make ~5″ lengths).
Wrap the raffia around the stick on one end with the long end hanging over top of the branch.
Wrap another piece of raffia around the stick to hold the raffia in place.
Fold over the long tails of the raffia in the opposite direction (ie. over the end you just tied up) and then tie the raffia in place again with another piece.
Trim the loops of raffia to create the broom.
Tie some ribbon into a bow in a color of your choice to finish your DIY broom stick.
Repeat for as many little witches brooms you’d like to make.
I love how my little craft brooms look with all the other crafts on my Halloween tiered tray.
They would also look adorable strung up in a cute Halloween garland or set on a place setting for a Halloween tablescape.
More Halloween Crafts
We’ve been crafting up a storm for Halloween this year! Be sure to check out some of thes additional ideas to make:
- Halloween paper garland
- Halloween clothespin craft
- Monster painted rocks
- Halloween jar toppers
- Monster paperclip bookmarks
- Halloween pencil toppers
Like it? Pin it for later!
Adorable Mini Witches Broom Craft
- Wood Branch we used a piece of mulberry branch about 5” long
- ⅛” thick Black Ribbon to tie into bow satin (optional)
- Take some raffia about a handful (5-10 strands) and fold them in half,
- Wrap the raffia around the stick on one end with the long end hanging over top of the branch.
- Wrap another piece of traffic around the stick to hold in place.
- Fold over the long hanging ends in the opposite direction and then tie the raffia in place again with another piece.
- Trim through the loops of the raffia.
- Then using the black ribbon, tie it around the raffia and make a pretty bow to finish.
- Repeat for as many little witches brooms you’d like to make.