If you’re looking for a fun and festive Easter craft to make with the kids, look no further than this adorable Easter gnome craft! This easy DIY project is perfect for little ones and older ones alike.
This can be a great gift or simply a beautiful decoration to have in your home when celebrating the Easter holiday. So let’s get started!
The cutest Easter gnome craft that there is!
What is it about gnomes that we love so much? Most of us know someone in our life that is a gnome collector of sorts. It is hard to resist the fun and cuteness that gnome decorations bring!
Whenever we look up DIY Easter decorations, we often see ones with eggs or the Easter bunny. But there is something about an Easter gnome craft that is beautifully unique.
Stay in the know on our latest crafts, special offers and freebies by joining our mailing list.
We were inspired to make this craft as part of a series of Facebook live videos all about decorating for Easter. You can check out the video for this bunny gnome sign here. We also made these cement eggs, an upcycled plastic egg wall hanging, this cute carrot sign and these decoupaged bunny rocks.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you choose to purchase through them, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
- Semi-circle template (refer to our original post for making no-sew felt gnome ornament to grab the template)
- Wool Yarn
- Hot Glue Gun
- Wood Bead
- Faux florals
How to Make an Easter Gnome Craft
You can watch along to the FB Live video for the instructions or continue reading for the step by step instructions instead.
Using a semi-circle template, cut the felt sheet in any color of your choosing.
Next, create the gnome beard by wrapping the yarn around your hand (approx 30 times). More times if your yarn is thinner than the yarn we used. Let’s just say, the more you wrap, the fuller the beard.
Take another piece of yarn about 10″ long and pass it through the loop created from wrapping the yarn around your hand and tie the yarn. Using scissors trim the opposite end of the wrapped yarn, releasing the “beard”.
Take the semi circle shaped piece of felt and fold it loosely, overlapping the straight edges to form a cone for the gnome hat. Glue the overlapping edges together with a hot glue gun. Be sure to leave a small hole at the tip of the hat for the yarn to pass through.
Insert the looped yarn through the hole at the top of the cone hat. And pull the beard up into the hat.
Using a hot glue gun, glue the wooden bead to just below the edge of the hat on to the beard to create a nose for the gnome.
Using other felt, cut out ears for the gnome and glue them to the hat as shown. Also, glue some pretty small faux flowers to the hat as well.
Take some wooden beads and slide them over the length of yarn to create a hat topper for the gnome.
And that’s it, the Easter gnome craft is complete!
Get updates on the latest posts and more from Sustain My Craft Habit straight to your inbox by joining our weekly newsletter. We promise to send you only the good stuff.
Like it? Pin it for later!
Crafting a Bunny Gnome Ornament
- Using a semi-circle template to cut out in felt.
- Wrap the yarn around your hand (approx 30 times) to create the gnome beard.
- Once wrapped, take a cut piece of yarn and send it through the loop created from wrapping the yarn around your hand and tie the yarn to secure the wrapped yarn.
- Next is to cut the loop of yarn to form the loose hanging beard.
- Take the semi circle and wrap it to create a cone shape and using the hot glue gun, glue the straiht edges of the semi circle together. Levae a hole at the tip of the hat.
- Insert the looped yarn through the hole of the hat at the tip and pull the beard up into the hat.
- Using hot glue, glue the bead to create a nose for the gnome.
- Using white felt, cut out ears for the gnome and add some pink felt to the white and glue them to the gnome.
- Take some wooden beads and slide them over the length of yarn to create a hat topper for the gnome.