Are you or your kids a fan of Among Us? If so, you’ll enjoy all types of Among Us crafts such as these fun DIY felt pencil toppers with our free printable pattern.
All About Among Us
Among Us seems to be the latest and greatest craze for online games among our kids and even the adults these days. And when my son announced he was going to make his Among Us Halloween costume, I thought some Among Us crafts were in order.
We designed these felt pencil toppers for our kids to use while doing school work. Since we love our felt crafts here on the blog, these DIY Among Us pencil toppers are a perfect way to use up all those tiny leftover felt scraps we have in a bunch of different colors.
And if you like back-to-school crafts, check out these adorable felt animal toppers and our monster pencil toppers (we’ll be sharing soon).
What is Among Us?
I’ll be honest, I didn’t know what Among Us was until my 11 year started to obsessively talk about it one morning.
As she explains it, Among Us is an online game that takes place in a space-themed setting where players take on one of two roles, either a Crewmate or an Imposter role. The goal for the crewmates is to work together as a team to complete assigned tasks without being abolished by the imposter.
It reminds me of a fun online take on a traditional murder mystery game. And it doesn’t hurt that the little characters are pretty cute!
Materials Needed for this Among Us Craft Idea:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you choose to purchase through them, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
- Felt Sheets or Scraps in white, black, pale blue and two shades of the same dominant color (oranges, purples, blues, greens, reds) of your choosing
- Fabric scissors
- Hot glue gun and clear glue sticks or fabric glue
- Printable Among Us pencil topper template (free download in our shop)
How to Make Felt Among Us Pencil Toppers
Cutting the Among Us Pattern:
Print off the Among Us paper pattern template and cut around the individual pattern pieces.
Place the Among Us pattern pieces over top of felt scraps in the color of your choosing. And using fabric scissors, cut along the solid lines to cut out the pattern pieces.
Alternatively, if you have a cutting machine you can also use the SVG file to cut out the felt pieces. I chose to cut the smaller pieces by hand and used my Cricut Maker for cutting out the larger Among Us pieces in black felt.
Although I love the precision you get with the cutting machine, Among Us crafts should be fun so no need for perfection:)
Assembling the Among Us Felt Pieces:
Note: A hot glue gun works the quickest for making these toppers, although you will need to be careful to avoid injury especially for the smallest felt pieces. If kids are doing this Among Us craft, an adult may need to help with these next few steps.
Carefully glue the smaller felt pieces to the main black Among Us felt piece pressing in place. Use the printable image as a guide for layering.
Apply a bead of glue along the outer edges of the other main Among Us felt piece (this will be the back side for the pencil topper) leaving the bottom without glue.
Press the prepared Among Us front piece to the back piece and press in place until the glue sets. When glued properly, the back end of a pencil will fit through the unglued portion of the pencil topper.
Glue the other Among Us characters together in the same way. Insert pencils into the felt Among Us toppers and enjoy!
There they are, adorable little Imposters and Crewmates for the kids to play with. We hope they don’t get too distracting in class!
So have you heard of this latest gaming trend? Do you have Among Us fans who would like this craft at home?
Like it? Pin it for later!
Among Us Crafts: DIY Felt Pencil Toppers
- Felt Sheets (or scraps) black, white, pale blue and two shades of another dominant color (ie. ornage, blue, green, purple, orange)
- Fabric scissors
- Hot glue gun and clear glue sticks
- Printable pencil topper template
- Print off paper template.
Cutting the Among Us Pattern:
- Place the pattern pieces over top of felt sheets in the color of your choosing.
- Using fabric scissors, cut along the solid lines to cut out the pattern pieces.
Assembling the Among Us felt pieces:
- Carefully glue the smaller felt pieces to the largest felt Among Us piece pressing in place.
- Apply a bead of glue along the outer edges of the other largest felt Among Us piece leaving the bottom without glue.
- Press the prepared front piece to the back piece and press in place until the glue sets.
- Insert pencil into the felt pencil toppers and enjoy!