We are crafting on a budget with this beautiful and inexpensive DIY dollar store wreath idea for the Fall.
Making a Dollar Store Wreath
I know it seems like everyone is already focused on Christmas but I just had to share this simple dollar store wreath idea for Fall. Certain craft supplies are just plain too expensive! I love to craft but even I find myself wondering is it really worth it when the supplies are so pricey? The answer of course is yes, it’s always better to make. 🙂
And when you can find beautiful, good quality supplies on a budget, the craft is that much sweeter. The dollar store is a good place to get things like ribbon and faux florals; which can otherwise be really expensive to buy. All of these materials were bought at the Dollar Tree but I have also seen this pretty burlap ribbon with the soft lace at many of the dollar stores in my area.
More Fall Wreath Ideas
For more inspiration, check out these other lovely DIY Fall wreath ideas:
- Scrap Fabric Wreath
- Mulberry Vine Wreath with Crochet Florals
- Pumpkin Vine Wreath
- Metallic Fall Wreath
- Easy DIY Burlap and Faux Anenome Wreath
- Driftwood Wreath
- Wheat Wreath Gone Wild
Materials Needed to Make a DIY Dollar Store Wreath:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you choose to purchase through them, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
- Foam Wreath Form, 10″
- Burlap ribbon – 9ft roll
- Orange sunflowers
- Cream flowers
- 1/2 inch glue dots or hot glue gun
How to Make a DIY Dollar Store Fall Wreath
Using either a hot glue gun or glue strips, apply glue to one end of the ribbon and attach it to the wreath form.
Wrap ribbon around the wreath form, overlapping the ribbon at the ends so none of the wreath form shows through.
When the form is covered by the wreath, cut the ribbon and glue that end in place. This area will be covered with flowers so you won’t see the unfinished edges.
Remove 4 sunflowers from their stems, and 2 of the cream flowers.
Apply a glue dot (or a dab of hot glue) to the back of each sunflower and attach to the wreath, spacing them about ½ inch apart.
Apply a glue dot to one side of the leaf on the cream flowers and attach to the wreath, slightly under each sunflower on either end.
Hang your Fall sunflower wreath and enjoy! Doesn’t it feel good to make something beautiful without spending a fortune?
Like it? Pin it for later!
DIY Dollar Store Wreath For Fall
- 10 inch wreath form
- 1 roll Burlap and lace ribbon
- Orange faux sunflowers
- Cream faux flowers
- 1/2 in glue dots or hot glue
- Attach two glue dots to one end of the ribbon and begin wrapping the ribbon around the form overlapping the edges.
- Once the form is covered, cut the ribbon and glue the end in place.
- Remove 4 sunflowers from their stems, and 2 of the cream flowers.
- Apply a glue dot to the back of each sunflower and attach to the wreath, spacing them about ½ inch apart.
- Apply a glue dot to one side of the leaf on the cream flowers and attach to the wreath, slightly under each sunflower on either end.