I often spend so much of my time thinking about the perfect gift that the gift wrapping tends to fall short. I grab whatever leftover wrapping paper or gift bags I have and find some scrap paper to write the “to” and the “from” on. But to give myself a little bit of credit, I do cut out that scrap piece of paper into a little Christmas themed shape of some sort to use as my Christmas gift tags. Does this sound familiar to anybody else? If so, than you’ll appreciate a little help in getting more prepared to beautifully wrap those thoughtful gifts!
If you’ve been following us for a while now, you already know that we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE nature and specifically using materials from nature to create things with. We’ve recently opened a shop on Society6.com where we can transform some of the favourite photos we’ve taken into useful and beautiful home decor items, electronics accessories and clothing! Here are a few of the items you’ll find in our holiday collection this year! Just click on the pictures to see the entire collection.
Using these nature photos as inspiration, we created these free printable Christmas gift tags. Consider them our GIFT TO YOU!
Download your free printable Christmas gift tags here.
Materials Needed to make these pretty Christmas gift tags:
“*This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you choose to purchase items through these links we will make a small commission – at no expense to you. Thank you for helping us to continue providing free content on this blog.”
- white cardstock paper, 8 1/2″ x 11″ or photo paper
- hole punch
- baker’s twine* or fun holiday ribbon*
- craft eyelets* (optional)
Instructions for making these Christmas gift tags:
1. Download and print the .jpeg file on a colour printer. Be sure to set it to print as an 8″x 10″ photo. While it looks nice on regular card stock paper, the colours look really rich when printed on photo-quality paper.
2. Cut out the tags and make a hole at the top using a hole punch. For a more polished finish, I added little eyelets to each tag. Then just add some pretty holiday ribbon* or baker’s twine* like we did to attach to your wrapped gifts!
And if you love these free printable gift tags, you’ll also love our free floral greeting card templates! We send a new greeting card template each month to all of our mailing list subscribers. This is just one of the free templates we sent this month! We show you how to make a useful and inexpensive handmade gift idea using the free greeting card templates in our latest Skillshare class which you can access for free here.
Like it? Pin it for later!