If you’d like to incorporate the lovely Scandinavian style into your Christmas crafting this year, consider making a set of stacked terra cotta pot trees. With their simple 2-color folk-like patterns, these painted pots are a joy to make and display.
Scandinavian Style Christmas Crafting
Scandinavian style refers to simple lines and minimal design without sacrificing function. Pieces influenced by this type of style tend to be neutral in color, rustic and cozy. We kept the pattern simple and nature inspired with an abstract leaf, snowflakes and basic shapes on all three trees.
We actually painted these pots during a recent Facebook Live video which you can watch here ot scroll down to follow along with the step by step photos.
Looking for More Terra Cotta Pot Craft Ideas?
There are many reasons why we love using terra cotta pots for crafting! They can be used in a number of different ways, from classic planter pots, candy holders to pretty DIY decorations. And of course, these clay pots are fairly inexpensive when you pick them up at a dollar store or thrift store. Here are some of our favorite terra cotta pot craft ideas we’ve shared on the blog:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you choose to purchase through them, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
- Various sizes of terracotta pots
- Acrylic paint in White, Red and Metallic Gold (We used Americana Chalky Finish in Everlasting White and Romance, and Gold Extreme Sheen)
- Paint Pens
- Star for Tree Topper
How to Make Scandinavian Inspired Stacked Terra Cotta Pot Trees
I shared the tutorial for making these terracotta pot Christmas trees on a recent Facebook Live which you can catch here.
Start assembling the terracotta pots from large to small. Using the hot glue gun, glue the pots on top of one another.
Next, paint the terracotta pot tree and let the paint dry completely.
Using a fine point paint brush, paint the terracotta tree with different patterns and let it dry completely.
Using the hot glue gun, glue the star to the top of the terracotta pot tree.
More DIY Christmas Trees
For more Christmas crafts influenced by the Scandinavian style, check out these minimalist DIYs using natural elements:
- Pinecone Tabletop Christmas Tree
- Driftwood Christmas Tree
- Charlie Brown Christmas Tree
- Christmas Tree Cereal Box Craft
- No Sew Canvas Christmas Tree
- Felt 3D Christmas Tree Decor
How is your Christmas decorating going?
Like it? Pin it for later!
Scandinavian Inspired Stacked Terra Cotta Pot Trees
- Start assembling the terracotta pots from large to small. Using the hot glue gun, glue the pots on top of one another.
- Next, paint the terracotta pot tree and let the paint dry completely.
- Using a fine point paint brush, paint the terracotta tree with different patterns and let it dry completely.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the star to the top of the terracotta pot tree.