Rose petal crafts are a great way to decorate for Valentine’s Day. Today we are sharing a lovely rose petal craft idea you can easily make (and we’ll show you how with this simple step-by-step tutorial).
Crafts with Rose Petals
If you are looking for a project that combines simplicity, elegance, and fun, then grab your faux rose petals in your favorite colors and let’s get started! You’re about to discover how rewarding it can be to transform simple materials into beautiful creations with just a few easy steps.
We love to share quick and easy crafts that even beginner crafters can make and this sweet rose petal craft checks all the boxes. The great thing is you can add your own spin to this project by using different color rose petals. You can even mix colors for a really unique idea.
Want to receive a ton of inspiration and money saving ideas for decorating, gift-giving and crafting? Join HERE!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you choose to purchase through them, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
- Wood canvas
- Faux flowers
- White chalky paint
- Hot glue gun
- Mod Podge
- Wooden Ring
How to Make a Lovely Rose Petal Craft
I shared this rose petal craft on a Facebook Live which you can watch here or if you prefer the photo tutorial, continue reading below.
First, paint the surface of the wood panel white and let dry.
Remove the faux flowers from their stems and hot glue onto the wood canvas.
Continue gluing, making sure that the flowers are close together, until you form a heart shape.
Working in sections, add Mod Podge around the flower heart.
Pour sand onto the glue and shake off any excess. Continue until the wood canvas is covered with sand.
Next, add a wooden ring on top of the sign for decoration.
And lastly, add a decorative bow to the corner to complete the look!
There you have it! A lovely rose petal craft that will make a beautiful addition to your Valentine’s Day decor! What color rose petals will you choose? We hope we have inspired you to make your own.
More Flower Crafts for Valentines and Beyond!
- Spring Wreath using Dollar Store Peony Flowers
- Pretty XO Spring Flower Wall Decor
- Terrarium with Dried Flowers
- Framed Wooden Flowers Craft
- Dried Flower Shadow Box
Stay in the know on our latest crafts, special offers and freebies by joining our mailing list.
Like it? Pin it for later!
A Lovely Rose Petal Craft Idea
- First, paint the surface of the wood panel white and let dry.
- Remove the faux flowers from their stems and hot glue onto the wood canvas.
- Continue gluing, making sure that the flowers are close together, until you form a heart shape.
- Working in sections, add Mod podge around the flower heart.
- Pour sand onto the glue and shake off any excess. Continue until the wood canvas is covered with sand.
- Next, add a bow to the top and hot glue a wooden ring on top of the sign.