We have an adorable new addition to our Etsy shop! Since we love making our own ornaments (and well, figured we can’t be the only ones), we decided to make these fun, beach themed no-sew felt ornament patterns. Keep scrolling to grab one free pattern to try!
The 14-page printable pattern set includes 10 Under the Sea themed creatures consisting of a seahorse, octopus, clam shell, conch shell, butterfly fish, clown fish, blow fish, star fish, coral, and sand dollar. They’re based off of our free ocean-themed colouring page printable we designed last summer.
These ornaments would be fun strung all together as a garland or simply hung on their own. With so many uses, including year round decor, baby shower decor, gift tags and of course as Christmas tree decorations, we couldn’t wait to get started! We’ll be using these beauties in our coastal-themed Christmas tree next year (is it too soon to be thinking about Christmas?). They actually made a little debut in our Cozy Coastal Christmas mantel this year!
Felt is one of the best materials to craft with. Why you ask? Here are just a few reasons:
- it is readily available (sold at local craft stores, online, big retailers);
- comes in unlimited amount of colors;
- is relatively inexpensive and is sold in small workable sheets or by the yard;
- can be easily cut, glued and/or sewn;
- doesn’t fray or unravel making it easy to work with;
- retains its shape;
- felt made from wool is a natural and sustainable material (look for felt made from natural fibres or felt made from recycled materials such as what we used for our felt beach themed throw pillows).
No-Sew Felt Ornament Patterns
Disclosure: This post continues affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can find our full disclosure policy here.
Materials Needed to Make your Own Coastal Felt Ornaments:
- Ocean Life Felt Ornament Pattern (available for purchase on our Etsy Shop)
- Felt (Kunin Group Eco-Fi Felt is one of our favourites)
- Clear-Drying Felt Glue
- Fabric scissors
- Ivory Jute twine
We’re happy to offer the Seahorse and Clownfish felt ornament patterns for free! Click to download yours.
We’ve recently made adorable woodland animal felt ornaments and sweet nativity felt ornament patterns as well as felt succulents. Which other theme would you like to see patterns for?
Fore more nature-inspired coastal decor ideas, check out our beachy air plant mini garden terrarium tutorial, our DIY seashell wreath and our DIY seashell wind chime.
Like it? Pin it for later!
Super Mom - No Cape!
Friday 9th of March 2018
I love all things ocean themed! These are just so cute!
Jane and Sonja
Sunday 11th of March 2018
Thank you! We feel the exact same way!
Natalie @ NeliDesign
Sunday 25th of February 2018
This is so fun and cute! How about forest animals for your next theme? I see cute owls, fox and squirrels ;-)
Jane and Sonja
Thursday 1st of March 2018
Love that idea! I can just picture them too...an adorable woodland theme it is!