Learn how to make a pretty pinecone butterfly craft for a one-of-a-kind decoration that will add a touch of whimsy to any space! We’re sharing our tips so you can make your own.
Nature Inspired Pinecone Butterfly Craft
If you are looking for a fun and unique craft idea, this pretty pinecone butterfly craft is for you! It’s a nature-inspired craft that combines the beauty of butterflies with the rustic charm of pinecones.
With just a few simple materials and some creativity, you can turn ordinary pinecones into beautiful butterfly crafts.
One of the best things about this DIY is that it’s customizable to suit your own personal style. You can paint your pinecone in vibrant colors like red, yellow, or blue for a bold and eye-catching look.
Or if you prefer something more subtle and natural, opt for pastel shades or earth tones. You can even experiment with different textures by adding glitter or faux flowers to your butterfly. The possibilities are endless!
Plus, since pinecones are readily available in parks or forests during certain seasons, this craft doesn’t require much preparation or expense. So why not gather some pinecones on your next outdoor adventure and give this pinecone butterfly craft a try?
Join our crafting community to find more nature-inspired DIYs and upcycled craft ideas. It feels good to repurpose, upcycle and create with nature!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you choose to purchase through them, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
- Wood panel
- Small pine cone florets (approximately 40)- You can grab some from our Etsy Shop
- Printable butterfly template
- White acrylic paint
- Metallic paint in color of choice (we chose blue)
- Paint brushes
- Hot glue gun and clear craft glue
How to Make a Pretty Pinecone Butterfly Craft
First, paint the inside surface of the panel white and let dry. If desired, paint the panel frame white as well.
Cut out the butterfly template and trace it onto the panel.
Use a small paint brush to add different sized dots in random clusters to the panel.
Use hot glue to affix the pine cone pieces to fill in the traced shape. If desired, attach hanging hardware to top of panel.
Alternatively, you can paint the pine cone pieces in three different shades of the same color [ie. teal, light teal, metallic blue].
Randomly glue the painted pieces to fill in the traced butterfly shape. Add hanging hardware if desired
Paint more pinecones to make this bunny and Easter egg pinecone craft.
We hope you are inspired to make your own pinecone butterfly craft. Let us know in the comments below if you make your own.
For even more pinecone crafts check out these easy DIY ideas:
More Pinecone Crafts
There’s one thing we have plenty of and that’s pinecone craft ideas. Just check out these fun crafts to make and display at home:
- Pinecone Clothespin Craft
- Pinecone Flower Garden
- Cherry Blossom Pinecone Art
- Spring Pinecone Flower Arrangement
- Pumpkin Art With Pinecones
Want to receive a ton of inspiration and money saving ideas for decorating, gift-giving and crafting? Join HERE! Thank you so much for stopping by to visit. Happy crafting, friends!
Like it? Pin it for later!
Pretty Pinecone Butterfly Craft
- Paint the inside surface of the panel white and let dry. If desired, the panel frame white as well
- Cut out the butterfly template and trace it onto the panel.
- Use a small paint brush to add different sized dots in random clusters to the panel.
- Use hot glue to affix the pine cone pieces to fill in the traced shape. If desired, attach hanging hardware to top of panel.
- Alternatively, you can paint the pine cone pieces in three different shades of the same color [ie. teal, light teal, metallic blue].
- Randomly glue the painted pieces to fill in the traced butterfly shape. Add hanging hardware if desired