We were just starting shopping for a new mattress for our Graystone Beach cottage. When we received an email from Polysleep with an invitation to review their mattress, it felt like a sign!
If you’ve been following along for a little while you might know that Sonja and I share a little cottage on the shores of Lake Huron, Ontario. We call it our Graystone Beach cottage.
When we completed those updates we didn’t have the budget to replace the mattresses. But they were definitely due for an update! The problem is, being in the country can be a pain-in-the-butt for furniture delivery. Companies either won’t deliver or charge a ridiculous amount.
In comes PolySleep – when they said they could deliver the mattress in our rural area, and that it was free shipping, I couldn’t resist! I’m sure we have lots of readers who struggle with this issue as well, or have kids who are going off to college/university and are in need of a new mattress.
So I was keen to give it a try. At the same time I was a little skeptical – I mean, how good could a mattress in a box, that gets delivered via bike courier in Montreal, really be?
The PolySleep Mattress Difference
So yes, I had heard of the other mattress-in-a-box companies out there. I figured they all must be basically the same, right?
Well, before agreeing to work with PolySleep I hopped over to their website to learn more about the company. A few things popped out immediately:
- 100% Canadian made
- Environmentally conscious
- Focussed on product development
- Great value for the quality
- 100 day satisfaction guarantee
If you’ve been considering a mattress-in-a-box you have to check out the Polysleep website to learn more.
PolySleep Mattress Unboxing Video
I was curious to see whether I could unbox and get the mattress on the bed by myself. Success! I recorded this little unboxing video in case you are interested in seeing it all literally unfold.
Our First Impressions in Opening the Box
- The queen-sized mattress box was heavy but still manageable for one person (i.e. me). While it can be managed by one person, two sets of hands would definitely be helpful.
- Make sure to have a solid pair of scissors to cut through the plastic outer wrap of the mattress.
- There was minimal odour. From what I’ve read about boxed mattresses, I was expecting a stronger smell as the mattress expanded.
- The mattress expanded QUICKLY! It only took a couple of minutes (literally less than two!) for the mattress to expand. However, it took overnight for the corners to take shape.
- I expected a foam mattress to be quite soft and squishy, but it really wasn’t. It was neither too hard or too soft, but just right 😉
- The mattress firmness was consistent all the way to the edges.
Polysleep Mattress Review: One Month Update
It’s been just over a month since I started sleeping on the PolySleep mattress. While I was a little skeptical at first, I must say I LOVE IT!
I’m a side-sleeper and have always experienced aches and pains when waking up in the mornings. The worst is transitioning beds from the one at home to the one at the cottage.
Since using the PolySleep mattress I’ve been waking up with minimal pain and actually getting good nights’ sleeps. When at the cottage, we often have kids in the bed too. With the memory foam mattress I didn’t even notice their turning and movements!
For a mattress in a box, I’m absolutely pleasantly surprised.
Have you thought about buying a bed-in-a-box? What else would you like to know from our Polysleep mattress review?
Sweet dreams friends!
More Graystone Beach Cottage DIY’s:
If you are interested in the other Graystone Beach cottage projects be sure to check out:
- Beach themed bathroom
- Coastal farmhouse kitchen
- DIY outdoor shower enclosure
- Colourful maritime front door makeover
Like it? Pin it for later!