With Christmas just around the corner, you might think there’s not enough time to give a handmade gift but that’s not the case! We’ve got you covered with these last minute DIY Christmas gifts.
Last Minute DIY Christmas Gifts
As I was making a new Winter-themed centerpiece for my table, I made a few additional felt flowers. Since these felt flowers resemble a poinsettia I started thinking of creative ways to use up them up in time for Christmas. I quickly came up with this pretty felt flower adorned mason jar idea which would make a really nice last minute gift for someone. In fact, it would be perfect as a teacher’s gift which I still needed to arrange!
This DIY project is very simple and quick. Simply gather the materials, cut, assemble and fill the jar with some treats and you’re done! Continue reading below for the full supply list and instructions for making felt flowers to arrange this mason jar gift.
Or you can also consider one of these last minute DIY Christmas gifts:
- Quick and easy knitted child’s headband pattern
- 5 Quick and Easy Last Minute Gifts you can make with items from your kitchen
- DIY Sugar Scrub with Lavender
- Glittering Jar Candy Cane
- Snowman and Elf Painted Mason Jars
- Make your own Rock Painting Craft Kit for Adults
- Personalized Stenciled Napkins
Materials needed to make this Poinsettia Flower and Mason Jar DIY Christmas gift:
This post contains affiliate links – should you choose to purchase through these links we make a small commission at no cost to you. Read our full disclosure statement here.
- Mason jar, wide mouth lid
- Hot glue gun and clear hot glue sticks
- Felt in forest green, maroon and white, each poinsettia uses half of a 8.5 x 11” sheet
- Rhinestones, 5mm
- For Cricut Users – Poinsettia Flower Pattern in SVG format
- For non-Cricut Users – Poinsettia Flower Pattern in PDF format
- Cricut Maker and fabric cutting matte OR fabric scissors (for non-Cricut users)
Using a Cricut Maker, you can very quickly upload this free felt poinsettia flower SVG template. Follow the set up instructions and hit Go! You can learn how to upload a SVG file into Cricut Design Space here.
Once cut, you can begin to assemble each individual poinsettia flower.
Using the hot glue gun, carefully apply a dab of glue to one side of the open cut poinsettia petal.
Overlap the edges to glue in place and hold until the glue sets. Hot glue is very hot so always be careful using a hot glue gun to avoid serious injury or burns.
Repeat this step for the remaining petals.
One poinsettia flower includes three different petal sizes. Stack the varying petal sizes starting with the largest at the bottom. Rotating the petals as you go.
Add a dab of glue to the center of the glued poinsettia and carefully press one rhinestone in the middle.
To attach it to the mason jar, simply add a dab of glue to the bottom of the poinsettia and press it onto the mason jar lid. Attach one poinsettia at a time.
Fill the mason jar with candies, treats or small candy canes (like I did) and your last minute DIY Christmas gift is ready to go.
This idea would also look great with our felt succulents instead of poinsettias!
Like it? Pin it for Later!