Hi friends! Last month, we introduced the start of our free monthly greeting card printables for which our amazing mailing list members receive a new inspirational note card each month. Last month members received the gorgeous Pink Cosmos and Yellow Dahlia greeting card templates.
And how quickly the time flies: this month we’re sharing the delicate Yellow Coreopsis floral printable template with this beautiful saying:
If you are new to Sustain My Craft Habit, you too can get in on the action! Simply join our community to receive all the templates we’ve released to date as well as a new note card template each month!
These note card templates are so versatile! Last month we shared how to print them off and make greeting cards and custom envelopes. This month we are showing how they can be used to make beautiful and useful, mini-sized notebooks. They pocket-sized notebooks are perfect for jotting down your thoughts, to do lists or DIY design ideas!
Or make a set of them using each of the different floral templates and package them up with some ribbon and a couple of new pens as a quick DIY gift idea (would be great for stocking stuffers!). We are quite in love with these Paper Mate InkJoy Gel Pens (affiliate link).
Simply grab the pdf printable template and follow the instructions below to make your own notebooks. You can also check out last month’s post on making your own Floral Greeting Cards with DIY Envelope instructions as well.
What you’ll need to make your own floral pocket notebooks:
(Will make two finished notebooks measuring 4″ x 5 1/4″)
- Free Yellow Coreopsis printable PDF template. Join our mailing list to receive each of the past and upcoming monthly templates as well!
- Colour printer
- 1 sheet of white card stock paper (8.5”x 11”)
- 8 sheet of white multi-purpose printer paper
- Paper cutter and scorer OR scissors and a ruler
- Large standard stapler
1. Print out the Yellow Coreopsis PDF template on the cardstock. You can also download it here as a .jpeg file if you’d like the customize the size of your notebook.
2. You’ll see the same design is copied twice on the cardstock paper. Using a paper slicer or scizzors, cut out each card along the subtle lines of design. Start with the left side where the flowers are, then measure 5 1/4″ and slice along the right side of the design.
3. Score and fold the card in half. Slice 1/4″ off the bottom edge of each card. The cards (i.e. notebook covers) should now measure 4″ x 5 1/4″ .
9. Slice through the 8 sheets of blank white paper to get two stacks measuring 4 1/4″ x 5 1/4”. Fold one sack of 8 sheets in half lengthwise with a strong crease at the fold (works best to do 2-3 sheets at a time). Stack all the sheets back together and fold them as they’ll be in the notebook. Slice off 1/4″ through all 16 pieces of paper that you’ll now have. This will leave a nice even edge on your notebook.
10. Insert the stack of blank white paper sheets into the folded notebook cover, lining up the creased edges. Put two staples along the folded edge of the notebook (from outside in, about 3/4″ from each edge) to secure all the pages pages together.
There you have them: your own beautiful inspirational notebooks. We particularly like the Yellow Coreopsis template for these are the delicate flowers spill over to the back cover of the notebook.
We keep ours on hand to jot down ideas and to-dos. You could use them for journaling or to keep track of the wonderful and funny things that the kids say. Or else, package 4 or 5 of them together for a quick, useful and inexpensive DIY gift as a thank you, for a birthday or at Christmas as a gift topper, stocking stuffer or secret Santa gift idea.
We would LOVE to see what you make with these free floral printables so please share a picture of your creations with us on Instagram using #SMCHfloral. Stay tuned for more beautiful ways to use these floral note card printable templates in the coming months, so make sure to hop on the mailing list to keep receiving yours!
Like it? Pin it for later!