This year we are celebrating Christmas with 25 days of upcycling crafts using supplies we find around the house. This frosted wine bottle centerpiece is today’s holiday craft idea. Additionally, we are excited to be participating in the Celebrating Christmas blog hop with our blogging frends! We can’t wait to see how they are celebrating their Christmas’ this year.
Stay in the know on our latest crafts, special offers and freebies by joining our mailing list.
A Pretty Twinkling Wine Bottle Centerpiece
Full disclosure here, I may have collected more wine bottle empties this past year than I would otherwise like to admit. But hey, it is 2020 and a little bit more vino here and there is acceptable, right? Lucky for me, that also means I now have more supplies to craft with!
It not only feels good knowing I repurposed stuff I had at home, I love how these frosted wine bottles look on my coffee table. Adding the mini twinkle lights inside each bottle makes it feel so cozy and elegant. If you also have some empties lying around, you’ll find the steps for making your own centerpiece below.
These handmade ornaments are so much fun to make and will beautiful on your Christmas tree year-after-year. Or make a set of these festive Christmas ornaments to give as gifts to coworkers and neighbors.
This easy Christmas craft idea is also a fun way to spend an afternoon crafting with friends for the holiday season.
Get updates on the latest posts and more from Sustain My Craft Habit straight to your inbox by joining our weekly newsletter. We promise to send you only the good stuff.
It’s time to check out our blogging friend’s holiday crafts, everything from Christmas trees, wreaths and even more festive tablescapes like the ones made by Hearth and Vine as well as My Family Thyme! A big thank you to Leen at Sand Dollar Lane for hosting this fun blog hop! Now grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Materials Needed to Make a Frosted Wine Bottle Centerpiece:
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you choose to purchase through them, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
- 3 Clear glass wine bottles, washed and labels removed
- Rust-Oleum Specialty Frosted Glass, semi transparent finish
- Painter’s tape, ¾” wide
- Natural Jute Twine
- Fresh or faux greenery
- Twinkle (mini fairy) lights, one strand per bottle (optional)
How to Make a Frosted Wine Bottle Centerpiece:
Remove all wine bottle labeling
Place wine bottles submerged in hot water for 15 minutes. Peel away the labels and scrape the excess off if needed using a plastic scraper.
Alternatively, you can also spray the bottle with Goo Gone and rub away the glue left behind from the labels.
Wash the bottles in hot soapy water to remove all oils and rub them with rubbing alcohol to ensure the surface is clean and the spray will adhere.
Place painter’s tape around the bottle to make a stripe pattern. I placed one strip of painter’s tape around the lower half of one bottle, then I did two strips of tape on another bottle and I left the third bottle without any tape.
In a well ventilated area, place the bottles on a protected surface and spray with the frosted glass spray paint.
Try to apply the spray paint on to the bottle evenly from all directions. The paint when sprayed looks clear initially but turns frosted while it dries.
Hold the spray bottle upright about 10″ from the bottle and spray in a steady back and forth motion.
Leave the paint to dry for about 5 minutes and then apply another wet coat.
The frosted paint will dry fully in 10 minutes. Once dry, peel off the painter’s tape carefully.
To finish, wrap a piece of twine around the tops of the bottles, then insert a strand of twinkle lights inside each botttle. The battery won’t fit inside these bottles so it’s left hanging on the back side. And lastly, insert some fresh or faux greens and place them all together in a grouping on your table to enjoy!
More “Wine-Related” Upcycling Crafts
If you enjoyed this craft, then you will also enjoy these other fun and creative ways of repurposing bottles and wine corks:
- Colorful Wine Cork Coasters
- Sparkling Star Wine Cork Decor
- 20+ Creative Wine Cork Crafts
- Upcycled Bottle Crafts
- Wine Cork Bath Mat
- Elegant Wine Glass Centerpiece
We’d love to know how you plan on celebrating Christmas this year?
Like it? Pin it for later!
Frosted Wine Bottle Centerpiece Idea
- 3 Clear glass wine bottles washed and labels removed
- Rust-Oleum Specialty Frosted Glass semi transparent finish
- Painter’s tape ¾” wide
- Fresh or Faux Greenery
- Remove all wine bottle labeling.
- Wash in hot soapy water to remove all oils. Additionally you can rub with alcohol to ensure the surface is clean and spray will stick.
- Place one strip of painter’s tape around the lower half of the bottle. Place an additional strip of painter’s tape on one bottle. Leave the third bottle without painter’s tape.
- In a well ventilated area, place the bottles on a protected surface and spray with the frosted glass spray paint.
- Hold the spray bottle upright about 10“ from the bottle and spray in a steady back and forth motion.
- Apply 2 or more wet coats a few minutes apart.
- Frosted paint will dry fully in 10 minutes.
- Peel off the painter’s tape carefully.
- Insert fresh or faux greens and place together in a grouping on your table to enjoy.