What girl doesn’t love to accessorize? Well in my daughter’s case, she has so many dress-up pieces that she just doesn’t even know what she has! All of her necklaces and bracelets have been piling up at the bottom of a drawer in our washroom. And since Spring is just around the corner, what better time to start organizing. I only used materials from around the house to create this handy personalized organizer.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2x Cedar Plank (the kind you would use to BBQ fish)
- Small can of trim paint and small paint roller (if desired)
- Alphabet Stencil
- Scotch Tape
- Kid’s Crayola Paint and 1x Paint Brush
- Carpenter’s Glue and Clamps
- Carpet Nails and Hammer
- Ribbon – approx. 1 ½ yards
- Hook and wire set for hanging to wall
- Paint one side of cedar plank using a small roller for a smooth finish. I chose to paint my plank white because it matches my daughter’s bedroom decor AND because I had leftover white trim paint. It took 4-5 coats of paint before all surfaces were evenly coated. I left the back side unfinished.
- Decide on one word to stencil onto the plank. In my case, I chose the word STYLE. It fit perfectly on the plank!
- Tape stencils onto plank and begin painting the lettering onto the plank. I enrolled the help of my daughter:) Using the Crayola paint, I found several coats were needed.
- Remove stencil and let dry. Some minor touch ups were needed.
- Glue two planks together and clamp in place. Let dry overnight.
- Position nails strategically onto the plank (these nails will be what the accessories hang off of) and hammer in place.
7. If desired, finish sides of organizer by glueing on ribbon.
8. Add wall hanging hooks and wire to back side of plank. Secure onto wall.
9. Begin organizing…and ACCESSORIZING!
Other Jewelry Organizing Ideas