Have you ever thought about making your own DIY wall art for your home? I have an abundance of printed wall art I’ve collected over the years from places like Ikea. As much as I love Ikea’s art and have found myself roaming the store for hours at a time, I get the itch to change up and update my wall decor from time to time.
This cheap and easy DIY wall decor project was quick and fun to make and gave my wall the refresh I was looking for!
DIY Wall Decor with Beach Stones
The rocks I used for this home decorating idea were collected on a long leisurely walk along the lake last summer. It reminded me of this book If You Find a Rock (affiliate link) that’s filled with amazing photography and information about different types of rocks. I’ve also seen similar rocks that can be purchased (affiliate link) at the craft store or even the dollar store.
I’ve never thought to buy rocks but hey, they do sell ’em so people must buy ’em! If you love creating with rocks as much as we do, check out some of our other creative DIY wall art ideas including:
- DIY Nautical Rock and Seaglass Mobile,
- Pressed Petals and Rock Vase Art,
- DIY Inscribed Rock Centrepiece, and
- Crabby the Driftwood Crab.
Materials Needed to make your own Simple Beach Stone DIY Wall Art:
- 12 (or more for a larger photo frame) rocks (ones that are flatter on one side work best)
- Krazy Glue (affiliate link) or similar strong adhesive
- 1 sheet of 12”x12” Linen textured Cardstock (affiliate link) or size needed for your photo frame
- Picture frame and Matte (one that allows enough space for rocks – shadow boxes would work well also)
With this incredibly simple DIY wall decor idea, I’m not sure I even need to write up the instructions? But just for fun, here goes:
1. Position rocks in a pattern of your choice. Ensure flat side of rock is against the paper.
Optionally, take a photo for reference then set aside.
3. Apply a good amount of crazy glue to the flat side of the rock. Press down onto paper and hold in place for 10 seconds.
5. Continue until all the rocks for your new piece of art are securely in place.
6. Mount your DIY wall art in the picture frame.
That’s it! Your new, eye catching DIY wall decor is ready to go. Place it in the cottage, living room or anywhere in your home with fill up white walls or as a part of a gallery wall.
Sonja hung this one up in her guest bathroom. It made the perfect addition to her upcycled driftwood votive holder.
We think this DIY wall art project is pretty modern and unique (and was cheap!). Do you have any DIY projects planned for the summer?
Pin it to refer to later: