After years of hanging stockings on my fireplace mantle, I finally made a set of felt monogram ornaments to hang on each of the kid’s stockings for Christmas.
Making Monogram Ornaments
We’ve made our share of monogram crafts over the years, things like this upcycled child’s bedrail monogram decor, this monogram scrap fabric cheerleadeer wreath and this glittering monogram rocks. And finally, we can add this Christmas craft for making felt monogram ornaments to the blog.
As I was hanging these ornaments on my Christmas tree to take photos, I was excited to see how sweet they also looked in the tree. Afterwards I moved them to the stockings, which coordinate well with the red, cream and grey felt color scheme.
Want to receive a ton of inspiration and money saving ideas for decorating, gift-giving and crafting? Join HERE!
And what Christmas craft doesn’t need a little bit of glitter? The added touch of sparkle with the felt really makes them shine!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you choose to purchase through them, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
We first shared the tutorial for making these felt monogram ornaments on a recent Facebook Live which you can catch here! Or scroll down to get the step by step tutorial instead.
How to Make Felt Monogram Ornaments
Using the mason jar ring, trace the shape on to a cardboard sheet and cut out the circle shape. Cut two equally sized circles out of felt for the front and back of the ornament.
Take the wooden letters and apply a layer of Modge Podge (you can also use regular craft glue). Next, sprinkle some glitter on to the letter and let it dry.
Cut a smaller circle shape in felt for the center of the ornament.
Glue the circle shapes together using a hot glue gun, sandwiching the cardboard circle in between the two larger felt circles.
Cut two small rectangular shapes in grey felt for the ornament cap.
Cut some coordinating ribbon and glue the ends of the ribbon to the top of the ornament forming a loop for hanging.
Cover the ribbon ends and top of the ornament with the rectangular felt shapes.
Lastly, using the hot glue gun, glue the glittering monogram letter onto the center of the felt ornament.
And with that, the monogram ornament in complete. Make as many ornaments as you like or need. Wouldn’t they make adorbale gift tags as well?
More Ornaments to Make
If hand crafted Christmas ornaments is your thing, check out these sweet DIYs for some more inspiration.
- Christmas Canning Jar Lid Ornaments
- Flannel Christmas Tree Ornaments
- No-Sew DIY Gnome Ornaments
- Coastal Christmas Ornaments
- Paper Napkin Wood Slice Ornaments
- Glittering Gold Painted Glass Ornaments
Thank you so much for stopping by to visit. We wish you a very merry Christmas! If you wish to stay in the know on our latest crafts, special offers and freebies, be sure to join our mailing list.
Like it? Pin it for later!
Making Felt Monogram Ornaments
- Felt sheets in any color of your choosing
- Mason Jar Ring
- Wood Letters 2" high
- Modge Podge
- Paint Brushes
- Using the mason jar ring, trace a circle on to a sheet if cardboard. Cut out the circle shape.
- Take the letters and apply modge podge and sprinkle some glitter on the letter and let it dry.
- Trace and cut two additional circle shapes in felt.
- Cut a smaller circle shape in felt.
- Cut two rectangular shapes in felt for the ornament cap.
- Glue all the shapes together, sandwiching the cardboard circle inside.
- Cut some ribbon and glue the ends to the top of the ornament to form a loop for hanging.
- Cover the ends of the ribbon with the rectangular felt shapes.
- Using the glue gun, glue the letter onto the center of the felt ornament.