Taking me back to my childhood, this Christmas craft for making tree ornaments using a cinnamon stick and colorful ribbon really can’t get much simpler.
Colorful Ribbon Christmas Tree Ornament
Can you remember a time when you made a cinnamon stock ribbn tree ornament in school? I can actually remember this craft idea along with a painted pinecone tree ornament craft from grade school. Now many many years later, it was a bit nostalgic to make this simple craft.
Wish to receive a ton of inspiration and money saving ideas for decorating, gift-giving and crafting? Join HERE!
One of the main reasons I enjoy this craft is because it uses up most of my small pieces of ribbon scraps that I accumulate from Christmas crafting. And really any combination of ribbon will work for this playful tree ornament so dig deep into your supply stash!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Should you choose to purchase through them, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read our full disclosure here.
- Cinnamon stick, 6” long
- Ribbon in various colors and patterns, ¼” wide
- Gold ribbon, 1/8″ wide and cut to 12” long
- x2 decorative buttons
- Hot glue gun
How to Make Simple Cinnamon Stick Ribbon Tree Ornaments
Cut ribbon into 9” long strips.
Fold the 12” long gold ribbon in half and glue the cut ends to the top of the cinnamon stick to form a loop for hanging.
Tie one 9” long ribbon into a double knot around the top of the cinnamon stick.
Continue tying the remaining ribbons around the cinnamon stick until you reach ¾” from the bottom.
Trim both sides of the ribbon ends on an angle forming a tree shape.
Glue a decorative button to the top of the tree on both sides.
And with that, the ornament is complete and ready to hang on the tree! You can make one or given ow simple a craft this is, make a full set of matching tree ornaments.
Join our crafting community to sustain your craft habit with nature-inspired DIYs and upcycled craft ideas. It feels good to repurpose, upcycle and create with nature!
More Ornaments to Make at Home:
- Nutcracker Cinnamon Stick Ornaments
- Fabric Decoupage Ornaments
- Paper Napkin Wood Slice Ornaments
- Painted Pine cone Ornaments
- Light Bulb Christmas Ornaments
- Reindeer Driftwood Ornaments
Thank you for stopping by to visit. Happy holidays and happy crafting, dear friends!
Like it? Pin it for later!
Simple Cinnamon Stick Ribbon Tree Ornaments
- Cinnamon stick 6” long
- Ribbon in various colors ¼” wide
- Gold ribbon cut to 12” long
- 2X Decorative buttons
- Hot glue gun and clear glue sticks
- Cut ribbon into 9” long strips.
- Fold the 12” long gold ribbon in half and glue the cut ends to the top of the cinnamon stick to form a loop for hanging.
- Tie one 9” long ribbon into a double knot around the top of the cinnamon stick.
- Continue tying the remaining ribbons around the cinnamon stick until you reach ¾” from the bottom.
- Trim both sides of the ribbon ends on an angle forming a tree shape.
- Glue a decorative button to the top of the tree on both sides.