We love taking the time to craft and create things. Being able to sell the things we make can also be extremely gratifying. Mason jar crafts and projects continue to be extremely popular. There are so many uses for them and creative ways to up cycle them. So whether it’s for a craft sale, swap meet, charity auction, or your small business, we’ve collected over two dozen mason jar crafts to sell.
With a variety of different sizes and shapes mason jars or similar glass canning jars are very trendy and popular in crafting. Most likely because they are so easy to come by – many of us have these left over from items we eat. So rather than putting them into the recycling bin they make wonderful canvases to express creativity.
From these lovely beachy painted bathroom storage canisters, Poinsettia topped gift jars, snowmen jars, and even pretty pumpkin jars we’ve created a number of different projects with mason jars. Although we love to make and gift them, such as these diy bath salts, you can also make these mason jar crafts to sell. Read on below for tons of inspiring ideas.
Where to Sell Mason Jar Crafts?
As we talked about in this related post about making money with a Cricut Maker, there are a number of great places where you can sell your creations which include:
- Online marketplaces such as Amazon Handmade and Etsy (use this code to get your first 40 listings for free!);
- Local and regional craft fairs featuring handmade items;
- Facebook marketplace for selling to others in your community;
- Local boutiques and craft shops which sell products on consignment;
- Build and sell from your own website.
What Types of Mason Jar Crafts to Make and Sell?
To get inspiration and truly see what buyers are looking for, we like to do some research on Etsy. Just search “mason jar” and see what comes up. Take note of the colors of the products, the uses for them, and even how people style the pictures. Don’t copy though! You can note that people offer personalization and even customazation in colors, quantities and styles.
Repeat this market research on Amazon Handmade :).
Tips for Selling Mason Jar Crafts
- Make your product look prefessional: be sure to create a product label, and package your product nicely and securely so that it doesn’t break.
- If selling online (or even in person) consider collecting email addresses to be able to send customers follow-ups and let them know about new sales.
- Take advantage of occasions for which people are looking to buy small gifts for others including co-workers, neighbours, teachers. Christmas, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, wedding showers, Easter are all great times to consider.
Mason Jar Crafts to Sell
We’ve grouped various ideas together by categories below. Just click on the images to take you to the tutorials for how to make the different types of glass jar crafts.
Home Decor Ideas
Lamps Lights and Lanterns
We hope you’ve enjoyed this list of inspiring and useful mason jar crafts to sell. For more tips for running a small crafting business be sure to subscribe to our mailing list for updates and ideas.
Which mason jar crafts would you make and sell?
Like it? Pin it for later!